FIVB Fédération Internationale de Volleyball
Château Les Tourelles
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that FIVB does not own or control, or to people that FIVB does not employ or manage, including without limitation third-party advertisers or sponsors to whom you provide information. FIVB is not responsible for privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from the Website, and FIVB encourages you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share information.
Information Collection and Use
- FIVB collects personally identifiable information when you register for an account and when you enter into transactions, promotions or sweepstakes. The personally identifiable information collected may include but is not limited to the following: e-mail address, last name, first name, address, zip code, country of residence, passport/id number, nationality, birthday, gender, billing address, credit card details, chosen screen name, chosen password, answer to security question, opt-in for individual services e.g. Fantasy;
- FIVB also automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser including your IP address, FIVB’s cookie information, and the page you requested;
- Collected information is used for the following purposes: to customise the advertising and content you see, based on the details given by you at registration and your activity on the site, for research, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you;
International Data Transfer
Information Sharing and Disclosure
FIVB may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information; or
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
- we provide the information to companies who work on behalf of FIVB under confidentiality agreements; or
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
FIVB may set and access FIVB cookies on your computer. A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of your computer’s hard disk so that the Website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit the Website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to the Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website: (a) session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and (b) persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Third Party Advertising
Other companies that are presenting advertisements on some pages may set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to FIVB’s cookies.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by accessing the “Help” menu in your browser’s menu bar and search for the term “cookies”.
FIVB has implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
If you communicate with FIVB by e-mail, you should note that the secrecy of Internet e-mail is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.
Your right to access information
You are entitled to see the information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact: email@example.com
We may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administration fee to provide a copy of the information we hold. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Updating your information
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by accessing your account on FIVB.org
Questions or Suggestions