Format and Event Regulations
Specific Event's Regulations: click the link
- Main Draw tournament of 32 teams per gender
- Qualification tournament of maximum 16 teams per gender
- Country Quota playoff matches and Continental Quota Playoff matches (if any)
- Country Quota playoff matches and Continental Quota Playoff matches (if any): depending on the number of teams concerned, the single elimination format will be adopted to qualify teams to the Qualification tournament, as per Sports Regulations 2017.
- Qualification tournament of maximum 16 teams per gender played in 16-teams bracket of single elimination format to qualify 8 teams to the Main Draw tournament.
- Main Draw tournament of 32 teams per gender played in the modified round robin system followed by the single elimination format of 24-teams bracket
- Modified round robin system: the 1st seeded team will play the 4th seeded team in each pool, while the 2nd seeded team will play 3rd seeded team in the pool. The winners of the above two matches will play each other, with the winner as 1st ranked team in the pool and the losers as 2nd ranked team. The losers of the above two matches will play each other, with the winner as the 3rd ranked team in the pool and the loser eliminated from the tournament.
- Top 3 ranked teams from each pool will advance to the round of 24 played in single elimination format.
Drawing of lots Bracket for the 2nd Phase of Single Elimination
Due to the modified round robin system for the 1st phase of pool play, the drawing of lots for the 2nd phase of Single elimination will be implemented as below bracket: